IMS complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and applicable health records laws to protect your privacy and any personal information that we collect in offering our services to you (including your sensitive health information and records).
Collecting your personal information
At the time of requesting a quote from IMS, you are not obliged to provide us with any personal or identifying information.
In order to proceed with our services and for us to offer you a detailed quote and discuss your suitability for any procedures, we will need you to provide us with and we will collect the information requested on our enrolment form.
We may also need to collect information about you from third parties, such as your local treating Doctor where it is not reasonable or practical to collect that information directly from you.
Storing your personal information
Your information will be stored on our business systems that we will endeavour at all times to keep secure and safeguarded to protect your privacy using products and procedures recommended to us by our Information Technology consultants.
Using your personal information
We will use your personal information to make contact with you in the ordinary course of carrying out our business. Such situations where we may utilise your personal information include but are not limited to:
- To respond to and facilitate your request for information and services, including booking travel and accommodation (overseas), establishing your suitability for the procedure/s you have requested and managing your account with BHP and with IMS;
- To assist us to develop new products and services and grow our client base (you will be provided with an “opt out” option in such communications);
- To offer you new products and services that we believe may be of interest to you (you will be provided with an “opt out” option in such communications) and including the administration of promotional programs;
- To contact you to amend and update our client records where necessary;
If you would not like us to use your personal information to contact you, please use the “opt out” option provided to you or contact us immediately and we will endeavour to comply with your request. There may be circumstances where we will not be able to continue to assess your suitability for or facilitate your requested procedure/s without the ongoing storage and use of your personal information.
By completing and returning the Enrolment Form to us we will take it that you agree to and consent to our gathering, storing and using your personal information, so long as we comply with the relevant laws.
Disclosing your personal information
In using your personal information in the normal operation of our business your personal information may be passed on (including outside of Australia) to:
- Our agents, contractors and service providers (including Bangkok Hospital Pattaya) who assist us to provide our services to you;
- Others who will be involved in your care;
- In additional ways that you may also agree to.
We will take steps to ensure that when your personal information is shared in the circumstances as outlined that those in receipt of your information treat it the same way that we would. We do however bring to your attention that many such agents, contractors, service providers and others may be bound by Thai jurisdiction and not the same privacy legislation that applies in Australia.
Where possible, in the above circumstances we will remove your personal identity from the information that is disclosed so as to protect your privacy. This may not always be possible or practicable.
Where we are required to pass on your personal and private information as required by law (Australian or Thai) we will comply with that directive.
We will delete personal information that we are no longer required to store by law or for normal business purposes.
Contact with IMS
To contact IMS regarding your personal information to access your personal information, request us to delete or amend it, or make a complaint about our use or storage of it you can contact:
Level 5, 11 Queens Road Melbourne,
VIC 3004 Australia
We will respond to your request as soon as we reasonably can. We reserve the right to charge you a fee for the retrieval of such information and our costs incurred associated with your request.